high performance computing
Life sciences research needs a lot of reliable and easy to administrate computer power. A further important issue is to find a reasonable price-to-quality ratio. metalife and Microsoft developed the high performance computing (HPC) in order to meet those needs. The solution is simple, highly efficient and failsafe. Also, it is easily scalable at a low cost.
How does it work?
HPC is built on the base of standard computer hardware. If more computing power is needed, simply connect additional standard computer hardware. Our software does everything else. The general principle of the HPC is that each server computer has information about the status of all other servers and is able to use their services at any time. There is no central point of communication or a centralized data management system.
What are the advantages of the HPC?
- It is fast
- It is easy to administrate
- It is easy to scale
- It is failsafe
To ask a question, to discuss a solution, to request a service, to contract a price, to negotiate license, to become a private user, or just to get a professional advice – contact us!
example usage and synchronization
- HPC is functioning with full capacity
- Computer 2 changes or retrieves data from server 3
- Server 3 updates all servers
example disaster and recovery
- Hardware failure occurs on server 4. The load is distributed automatically across the remaining servers
- Replace the faulty computer. Then, the new computer is updated automatically